Search

iHeart Math Holiday Hop




I have certainly been missing writing my blog over the last few months.  As teachers, we have the best of intentions with blog writing, but actual real-life little people that are in front of our face get in the way ;)  I have several posts planned for Christmas break - so I hope you will tune in.

Today, I have the pleasure of linking up with several wonderful math bloggers for a month long holiday hop.

We are excited about this collaboration because each day you can access a different blogger with great holiday tips and a special gift. Be sure to tune in everyday to read each blog post.


Stocking Stuffer #1 - During the holiday season, we are all exhausted and just want Christmas to finally get here already so that we can go back to our normal life.  I just want you to be sure to take a minute and appreciate the Christmas season.  It truly isn't about the gift-giving :)  My girls went to a Frozen Christmas party yesterday that was put on by the school where I teach.  Everyone had such a great time!  Try to find some fun things to do with your kiddos - they are only little people at Christmas for a few years! (My littlest one is trying to play tea party with me as I write this post!)


Stocking Stuffer #2  - At the school where I teach, I feel really lucky because we have exams right before break so we are on a half day schedule.  That is awesome because I have a chance to get things graded and work on some family Christmas stuff all while my own children are at school.  But, the week before that I really try to help my students review for their finals.  Reviewing for finals is soooo boring, so I work on trying various different ways to review.  One day we work on a review sheet, one day we do task cards, one day we play bingo, etc.  I try to incorporate QR Codes into these activities so students can self-check.  [Stay tuned for more information this week about incorporating QR Codes into the math classroom]




Now here is a freebie - it might be too late for you to use it in your classroom this year, but keep it in mind for next year right before the holidays.  It is a great way for you to have a quick fun assignment right before the holidays.  This is a Super Secret Number Puzzle that students can use to practice solving Multi-Step Equations.  In a Super Secret Number Puzzle, students solve all of the problems and then add up their solutions.  This sum is the Super Secret Number.  If their Super Secret Number matches my Super Secret Number, they probably did the problems correctly.  If not, they have to go back and figure out what they did wrong.



[Click below to download]
Super Secret Number - Holiday Edition

I hope you have a great vacation and awesome holiday.  Don't forget to take some time for you!

There is one more stop on the Holiday Hop - check out Cynthia's post tomorrow at Love2Learn2Day.

Love2Learn2Day



No comments

Post a Comment