Search

Resources to practice Trig Special (Convenient) Values




This happened in calculus class the other day...we found the derivative of something involving a trig function and then had to find the value of sin (Ï€/4) in order to finish the problem.  I said ok what is the value of sin(Ï€/4) and I got wildly differing answers including 0 and 1.  That drives me absolutely nuts...it shows absolutely no understanding whatsoever.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming anyone...it wasn't the precalculus teacher's fault - I'm the precalculus teacher this year and I totally get the struggle!

So, I searched and found the best online game (free!):



Here is the website where it came from:

Unit Circle Game

Students play this online.  (My students used their iPads and it worked fine.)  Students practice putting the radian angle measure in the correct place.  In addition, they practice putting the coordinates in the right place.  The website times you...you should have seen the competition going on in my class for the best time :)

But, I know the students need more practice...see the linkup below for even more options.








No comments

Post a Comment